Wednesday, July 4, 2012

WWW Wednesdays






WWW Wednesdays is a meme hosted by Should Be Reading. What you do is answer the following three questions:

What are you currently reading?


I finally started A Clash of Kings, by George R. R. Martin. Where A Game of Thrones had a somewhat slow start, A Clash of Kings picks up at the cliffhangers its prequel left off at, and you know everybody by now, so it's off to a better start. So far so good.

What did you recently finish reading?


I most recently finished A Theft, by Saul Bellow. When I posted this in last week's WWW Wednesdays, a lot of people sounded interested in this one. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a very frustrating novel. At 110 pages, it felt much longer. It took me 2 days to read it, and then I read 150 pages of A Clash of Kings in one day. I will post my review tomorrow. Also, I finished ttfn. The review is here.

What do you think you'll read next?





I have finally found a copy of The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky. I'll probably start reading it before the weekend starts.

14 comments:

  1. I liked The Perks of Being a Wallflower; it was a departure stylistically from what I normally read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great WWW. I think I might tackle Game of Thrones next year - it can be a year long project. I'm thoroughly enjoying the show, and imagine that the books are of course, better. I'm intrigued by the ttyl series - whole books in instant messages? High school students will like it - only if the plot is good enough. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clash of Kings is one book I keep picking up and then putting back down. I'm about 1/2 through it right now and while I love it, its just so long and there are so many other pretty shiny books that steal my attention. lol

    My WWW Wednesday is here

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your WWW is quite eclectic, love it! I can't get into the The Game of Thrones books yet, though everyone I know is devouring them. Gonna go read the ttfn review now, looks interesting and thanks for visiting this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're reading A Clash of Kings at the same time. I don't know why I feel like I'm in a race now...

    An award should you choose to accept it:
    http://morosebookshelf.blogspot.com/2012/07/awards-and-such.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series and A Clash of Kings was a good one, but my favourites are definitely the first and the third books. Such a brilliant series! Hope you enjoy your next read :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!
    -Becca@Lost in Thought

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Clash of Kings was AWESOME!! enjoy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I LOVED Perks of Being a Wallflower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my family members has a read a Clash of Kings and he really enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for reading my WWW Wednesday! I haven't gotten into the Game of Thrones series yet. I think I'll need to become a little bit more ambitious to complete those books. I'm been thinking about checking out the Lauren Myracle books since it seems like an awesome concept. Of course! I'll be reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower since the movie is coming out at the end of September. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there!

    I haven’t heard of any of these books, but I hope you enjoy them all!


    You can find my WWW post here:
    http://www.peekabook.it/2012/07/www-wednesdays-july-04.html



    Happy reading! :)



    Valentina
    www.peekabook.it

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have not heard of those books, hope you enjoy them
    here is my post WWW & WOW Post

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to check the Wallflower book and I have been seeing ttfn everywhere. I need to check out that one too. Thanks for stopping by The Book Bag!

    ReplyDelete
  14. :o Clash of the Kings!

    I haven't actually read anything by George R. R. Martin (although I really should!) The first time I actually saw the book though, I was thinking it was preeetty big. Maybe after I'm done with my review pile? I hope you enjoy it!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete